Sunday, October 30, 2016

Movie Remakes

I would like to consider myself an avid movie watcher. I am also very particular in the types of movies I watch; mainly because I'm a really picky person. There was a recent remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Now, I'm a huge fan of the original and wasn't too keen of seeing the remake. The original, to be honest, is pretty bad, and I think that's why it's a cult classic is the fact that it's so bad that it's so good. It's a very boundary pushing movie, especially for a movie released in the 70's.

I decided to watch the remake, it couldn't be too bad if Tim Curry was going to have a role, after all he's the original Dr. Frank-n-Furter. The movie didn't start out too bad, now I do know they were looking at the original stage production script while doing the remake. I did miss the lips introduction though. The more I watched the movie, the more I despised it. The singing was on par, and what I mean by that is, is that it was flawless which isn't what the original is about. The same can be said about the choreography, especially "The Time Warp" in which they barely used ANY of the original dance. It was a let down.

I think there was an amazing cast for the movie, but the cast fell through. I, however, did not like Laverne Cox portraying Frank-n-Furter, mainly because it's suppose to be a man in women's clothing, they're transvestites. The rest of the cast was PURPOSEFULLY acting bad, it was painful to watch, considering they're all amazing actors, but the acting was bad on PURPOSE. It was unbearable. Adam Lambert as Eddie was amazing, but that was about it. I realize it's about how they were directed to portray the characters, but it was also just horribly bad. It's hard to remake a cult classic.


No comments:

Post a Comment